Hi/Bye.

I'm a nomad. I'm a student. I like clothes, books and films. I also write for heruni.com.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Drew x Best Coast

I've always been a huge fan of Drew Barrymore, even when she played Gertie in ET (despite that movie giving me serious heebie jeebies), and I loved her as Dylan in the re-make of Charlie's Angels growing up. Since her directorial debut film "Whip It," she has not only been showing her talent in-front of the camera but also behind it. Drew Barrymore really has this genuineness about her that I find so refreshing, plus she has a great sense of style that I recently can't get enough of and I just need to include how amazing her laugh is, wow, this is some serious girl crushing. Anyways...






She recently teamed up with American Indie band West Coast (Bethany Cosentino = Uh-mazing vocals) and directed the music video for the band's "Our Deal." I've seen a lot of music videos, and I've got to say that Drew Barrymore's vision for "Our Deal" was so perfectly executed that I can confidently say it's one of my favorite music videos, ever. The Romeo and Juliet tragedy vibe mixed with a Grease vs. West Side Story in LA setting is just stunning. Plus, the styling by Alicia Lombardini is spot on, from the teddy-boy inspired looks to the 80's bling. Oh and the star-studded cast? Just wonderful. (Imagine if Drew decided to make a whole feature length film and West Coast was responsible for the soundtrack, I would die.)



No comments:

Post a Comment