Hi/Bye.

I'm a nomad. I'm a student. I like clothes, books and films. I also write for heruni.com.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Something a little more obscure...


Like every other teenage girl today, other than my interests being in the fields of fashion, art, music, media, photography, literature, and cinema, I do have a special place in my heart for things obscure, supernatural, and paranormal. In middle school, I swore that I could read people's palm and certain peers of mine did in fact believe me, especially along the lines of "oh, you have life-line that extends a certain point, you shall have a long and happy life." I was even convinced I was a witch when I was younger. But my case in point is that nowadays, everyone thinks they have a certain supernatural tendency because it is an apex of fascination in society, to be quite honest.


What I like most about the paranormal though is how it is so easily "transferable" into art, as often artists use it as a point of inspiration. I find it especially interesting when the paranormal can be seen in fashion- via images, color palettes, patterns, and the list could go on.



(Iris Van Herpen)


(Natasha Poly)


(Coco Rocha)


(Lily Donaldson)


(Dsquared Spine Heels)


(Delfina Delettrez)


(Verameat)


(Chanel Nail Polish in Peridot)



No comments:

Post a Comment