Hi/Bye.

I'm a nomad. I'm a student. I like clothes, books and films. I also write for heruni.com.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Couture Fall 2009

Alexis Mabille
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Romantic, nostalgic, ethereal are the words that could be used to describe Alexis Mabille's Fall 2009 Couture collection, as if visions of a midsummer night's dream- soft, delicate, and airy, directly translated to garments of rich textures and fabrics. There is certain modesty behind the collection, not only with the collection's lace dresses and flamboyant finishes, but all the cuts and tailoring of the suits. (More here)

Jean Paul Gaultier
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

When compared with Alexis Mabille's collection, Jean Paul Gaultier's Fall 2009 Couture collection portrays the other side of couture, the harsher and darker demeanor. His collection possessed elements of old Hollywood glamour, both of heroines and villainesses, but also contained a futuristic appeal. Embossed textures, leather, tuxedos, leotards, and fur; Gaultier certainly can do no wrong. (More here)

No comments:

Post a Comment