Hi/Bye.

I'm a nomad. I'm a student. I like clothes, books and films. I also write for heruni.com.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

NYFW

I’ve find myself to be quite underwhelmed with the start of New York Fashion Week, my expectations for the season have yet to be met. To be quite honest there have been only three Ready To Wear collections that I have found eye catching so far. It’s too quick in the season to be completely disappointed, and most of the designers I have am looking forward to have yet to show, so I am trying my best to be optimistic.

To be quite frank, the bona fide fashion youngster Alexander Yang made a hit and miss for me. I absolutely loved his last collection and had my hopes up, but the military and sporty inspired ensembles did not make it for me. Certainly there were some pieces that I loved, but as a whole, I can truthfully say I was not impressed. If anything the hair and accessories made more of an impression on me.


Photobucket
Photobucket
On the other hand, I was really surprised by Charlotte Ronson’s collection. I was never a great fan, but this year’s RTW has certainly set the bar in juxtapose to both past and future collections. With inspirations of downtown mien and off duty dancer ensembles, it consisted of military jackets, acid wash, denim, crop tops, sheer leggings, chain belts, and skirts. I am a little biased with this collection.
Photobucket
Another Ready To Wear collection I found myself enamored with was Richard Chai’s-romantic, polished, and very feminine, quintessential elements in a spring collection. I loved the relaxed tailoring, silk and prints.
Photobucket
Rag & Bone was an early favorite this season. It had the right military vibe, in contrast with Alexander Wang, and managed to hold a very consistent look through out the whole show- simple and extremely eye-catching, playing with volumes and utilitarian pieces.
Photobucket
Hopefully as New York Fashion Week continues, the collections will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment